Monday, May 24, 2010

Saddle River, NJ Designer Show House


Can't say I wasn't inspired the three weeks I was a vendor at the Show House. The designers were awesome and I could relate to much of the rooms, thinking... 
that might work... at my house!

Loved the library. The light was incredible and the designer took advantage of that. The wood paneling glowed and the creamy, beige palate with blues subtly woven in made this room one of my favs.

 This chair needs to be in MY future library.
 This wall in the breakfast room was another favorite. A modern take on silhouettes pops on the textured, denim blue wall.
 Although the stove and tiling is nothing special, it is EXACTLY what I want in my future ( very near future) kitchen.
And this wall in the dining room works for me. The mirrored breakfront is classic.
The house this year was not what you would call a "wow" house. In fact many design house devotees/groupies were disappointed. However most "normal" people were charmed and inspired as the house reflected changes in economy. Things are more conservative these days.
Even at designer show houses!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patty!
    Wow, that range looks like Wolf's 60" model. I'd have to check but, that would most likely set you back somewhere near $10K. That'd be special to me at least!
    Brian F.

    ReplyDelete